Belt Rank: I am a beautiful baby blue 2 stripe. (I am getting back to the mats this summer, we had a break up last year which resulted in 5 surgeries and slow return to trusting the mat will not hurt me)
Age: I am a 16 year old kid in a 53 year old body! YES I will ride by you on my razor scooter with the L.E.D. neon wheels and will throw you the shaka!! \m/ (hang loose)
1. What do you do for a living?
I do a lot, LOL I am one of the top female MMA matchmakers in the World and by day I am a First Responder, A Hero in Blue, An Enforcer of Good..ok ok sounds good but I am a Sgt. In Law Enforcement!
2. Are you a mom? A wife? A girlfriend? A sister? A daughter to awesome parents that let you do Jiu-Jitsu?
Yes, No. No. Yes. No. LOL I am a mom to a 28 year son who is also a cop and is a School Resource Officer!
3.Where you a tomboy or a girly-girl growing up?
I would like to consider myself as a girly girl challenged kid growing up! No reason to give the boy credit as trying to be LIKE them, I wanted to be better than them as a girl!! LOL
4. Did you grow up doing other sports?
Being a country kid, everything was a sport or a contest LOL> BUT I competed in swimming for 15 years. I also lifted competitively for YEARS, I held State, National and World Records, I also have three Gold Medals in the Police anf Fire Games in bench press!
5. How did you find BJJ?
It found me, yes it hunted me down, it stalked me. I finally had to show it who was the boss. LOL I started watching UFC and got really interested in the fights. I met a couple of people who were BJJ fighters. I then met Lana and started training, until I got injured falling on the mat. (I fell onto another students head)
6. How often do you train?
I am waiting on the platform right now waiting on the next train. I am hoping by summer to catch it!
7. What is the one thing that keeps you from training some days?
Aw, I hate these questions, I really wish I could be training again. I do go to the gym for weight training and ride my bike 10 miles a day.
8. Have you ever wanted to quit?
There is no “I” in quit. Wait, yes there is…BUT all it means is “I” will never quit! EVER! (but I am currently on a time out)
9. What drives you or inspires you to keep training?
I love to challenge myself; I also want to be educated in the fight world for my matchmaking job. I want to know what to look for to match the perfect fight! I also don’t want to get my ass kicked by some dumb ass criminal at work!
10. Do you compete? Why or why not?
I have competed before in Naga and GQ…
11. Where do you think the drive inside you to fight comes from? (whether you compete or not)
I train to survive, I want to be stronger and smarter than the criminal on the street, I want to be able to come home every night. By training you teach your entire body, heart, mind and soul to become better, to think smarter and to react faster. So my drive is to survive!
12. What are some of your biggest upsets either in training or competition?
I accidently broke a girls arm. Lana told me to use the motorcycle grip, I did but went to zero to 100mph… I felt so bad!
13. What are some of your best accomplishments either in training or competition, on or off the mats?
I have a couple of cool shiny Gold necklaces. BUT I think the best part of everything is the people I have met!
14. What do you love about BJJ the most? What do you dislike?
I like training and meeting people. What I dislike-STINKY PEOPLE! Yup, I said it, if you stink, you can not roll with me! My GI will NOT become your wash cloth to leave your putrid smell on!
15. What are your future goals with BJJ?
To catch the train this summer!
16. Did BJJ change your life? How?
I think the entirety of the BJJ/Combative Sports did. I love to see the females get in the cage and leave everything there!
17. Do you have a BJJ practitioner you look up to whether it be male or female?
ANY WHITE BELT that does not give up!
18. If a girl was standing outside of your academy scared to come in and try BJJ, what words of encouragement would you give her?
I would probably go outside and stand there with her, staring, waiting for her to say Hey what are you staring at? And I would go make me stop staring! And then I would say you know if you would go inside and learn some techniques maybe you could make me stop! And then I would drag her in kicking and screaming and I would tell her to save it for the mats and then BAM she would be a white belt and then a blue belt and then kick my staring ass!